OK people, listen up: I don't know much, but I do know that microwave popcorn is one of those products that it's best to avoid. The chemicals they put in those things can fry your brain.
That being said, I f&ckin' love popcorn. So what's a girl to do? Check Pinterest!
I found this super simple trick to popping healthy popcorn that doesn't require oil and involves no clean up whatsoever.
Here's the deal on how to make a fresh, light bowl of corn for yourself:
What you need:
- Popcorn kernels (I like the Organic kernels from Trader Joe's. No GMOs)
- Brown paper bags (like the kind you used to take your lunch in to school)
- A microwave oven
- Whatever toppings you like
How to do it:
- Measure out 1/3 cup popcorn kernels.
- Dump in a brown paper bag.
- Fold the top of the bag over twice.
- Put said bag on it's side in the microwave.
- Nuke on high for 2 min, 15 seconds (NOTE: this is how long it takes in my microwave. You will have to trial and error this with yours. I have no idea what wattage mine is and I don't feel like checking.)
- When the popping starts to slow down, that's when your corn is about done.
- Pull out the bag and dump the contents into a bowl.
- Top with whatever floats your boat: e.g. butter, salt, oil, chocolate, syrup (I personally like a little Trader Joe's truffle oil and salt).
- Snarf it down!
Enjoy! I just put 2.5 hours back on your life. You're welcome.