Let's Get to Know the New Bachelorette, Rachel Lindsay | The Bachelorette Season 13, ABC
Well, here we are yet again: on the precipice of another season of The Bachelorette. And this one's historic y'all (did you hear?), because this season we have our first black lead: the beautiful and successful Rachel Lindsay.
Sure, I know the profiles of all the "bachelors" came out yesterday blah blah blah, but I really can't bother myself with learning about them. I'll wait until she whittles it down to at least 10. Right now we just need to know more about Rachel, arguably the most "normal" and "real" lead this franchise has had in its 13 seasons.
Here are 10 things that will help you get to know our new Bachelorette:
1. Rachel is 31 years old, which makes her the oldest Bachelorette in the show’s history. She is 6 years older (heavens!) than the youngest Bachelorette, JoJo, who was 25 years old at the time of filming. (Source: hercampus.com)
2. Rachel has an open mind about the guys she will choosing from: "I obviously expect to see a wider pool of African-American men just because that's me, but what I'm excited about is I'm hoping that my cast reflects what America looks like." (Source: etonline.com)
2. The quirkiest info from her ABC bio: 1) she has tattoos: one on her right rib cage that says "Reciprocity" and one on her left waist that's a bible verse; and 2) she is afraid of things that fly (bugs, birds, etc.) (Source: ABC.go.com)
3. Why she thinks she's still single: "Men love the idea of me, but when it comes to the reality of me, they can’t handle it. Whether it’s 'You work too much,' or 'You’re too strong-willed,' or 'You’re so independent you don’t need me,' it’s a very frustrating experience." (Source: Glamour.com)
4. Rachel counts Alexis, Raven, Astrid, Sarah, Whitney and Danielle M. from Nick's season of The Bachelor as some of her closest friends. (Source: etonline.com)
5. What’s one thing Rachel says all the time? "'I just keep it real' and 'I just keep it 100.' I don’t know how to be anything else. I don’t get caught up in everything that’s around me. I’m just very direct, and I think that’s another thing with the intimidation thing. Some people can’t handle that I’m direct. I’m real and honest, and I take things day by day. That’s just the way to survive." (Source: Glamour.com)
6. Her perfect man made just from celebs is a combination of Bieber, for his musical talent; Idris Elba for his accent and his looks; and Brad Pitt for his sensitivity. (Source: Glamour.com)
7. We always love a girl with a dog and Rachel is no exception! She has a rescue dog named Copper. (Source: popsugar.com)
8. Rachel attended University of Texas at Austin before receiving her law degree from Marquette University in Milwaukee. She's been working at a firm called Cooper and Scully, P.C. since December 2015. She's a rising star in the legal community, and was even put on a "Ones to Watch" list by the Dallas Young Lawyers Association. (Source: popsugar.com)
9. Her biggest challenge? Her impatience. She told ET she is not a patient person – that the Bachelor process had been “frustrating” for her because she didn’t like having to wait to see Nick. That might be the closest source of drama we see from her on this season of The Bachelorette. (Source: etonline.com)
10. Here's a little harmless information about Rachel's season so far: the first “Bachelorette” group date involved a game of basketball and a surprise appearance by NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. (Source: ibtimes.com)
The 13th season of The Bachelorette premieres this Monday May 22 at 9 p.m. ET. Be there or be left out!