The Bachelorette 12, Episode 7 Recap: Filler Fruit
Filler fruit? What does that mean? And what does it have to do with The Bachelorette??
Well, filler fruit is that blah fruit that restaurants or grocery stores use to bulk up a fruit bowl or fruit cup. What you want are succulent, delicious berries, sweet pineapple and even a random kiwi sighting; what you get are big boring chunks of cantaloupe and melon and some half ripe grapes.
That's what this episode was like: filler fruit. It was a waste of time. It was the filler episode between what was supposed to be a game-changing episode 6 (um, not so much) and hometown dates.
What did it accomplish? Essentially, it was the episode where we finally said goodbye to Alex and, unfortunately but inevitably, James Taylor. Both should have gone home last week but JoJo and ABC tricked us with her "I can't give out this one rose........because I need two" scam.
Here are some other things we learned or that stood out this week:
1) Of all the trips and all the dates we've seen on this show, JoJo and Alex's date riding horses and working with the gauchos who "conquered" the horse was one of the most interesting. It was just amazing to watch the guy work with the horse, being gentle and forceful at the same time. It was so cool. They should have saved this bit for her horse date with Luke.
2) Not cool? Alex's reaction to JoJo sending him home. Although I was not surprised in the least that Alex would take getting sent home badly, he could have thanked her for doing it kindly and privately, as opposed to putting him through a rose ceremony. But Alex couldn't see outside himself to do that. He's angry, self-centered and entitled. Goodbye and good luck pal.
3) James Taylor, bless his heart. He self-destructed a little don't you think? Last week, he tattletaled on a front runner (Jordan); this week he not only shamed self-professed front runner Robby in front of JoJo for having a wandering eye, but he shoved 25 french fries in his face on the 3-on-1 group date. As Robby said: "That's not the way I would have gone about opening up the date." Uh, yeah.
4) The end of that group date with JoJo laying in bed with three guys? Um, we've crossed some kind of upper level line of ridiculousness, doncha think?
5) JoJo and Jordan drinking their foot juice. GROSS:
6) Speaking of Jordan, he finally fessed up about his football career and his relationship with his brother Aaron. It was actually a pretty honest moment and we can tell that JoJo is even more smitten than before.
7) Luke! Luke is the full package. Look at him on that horse. Look at him!
8) This is your final four my friends. Yes, you are seeing quadruple. JoJo sure does appreciate a full head of hair.
8) BUT I think we can all agree this horse race is coming down to Jordan and Luke, right? I don't think Luke can do much to mess it up on his end so it's Jordan who's the crap shoot.
See you next week for Hometowns!