History is repeating itself in The Bachelor franchise. Fan favorite and third man standing becomes the new Bachelor for the franchise's 20th season. 20th! Holy shit!
Let's just hope that this time around Bachelor Ben will do a better job of being honest and straightforward, and will weed out the crazies a little earlier in the process than Chris did.
Here's a little bit about the man I lovingly refer to as "Ben Brady" for his adorable resemblance to TV icon Peter Brady:
1. Ben loves music, including (according to ABC) Vance Joy, NEEDTOBREATHE, Ryan Bingham and Turnpike Troubadours. A good man always likes good music. He may skew towards country a bit much for my liking, but I'm not mad at him.
2. Ben is sporty. He hikes and golfs and loves football (see above). He is also handy (jackpot!!) -- he's re-roofed his own house and does his own landscaping.
3. Ben is 26, but says he is ready for marriage. And - despite being attracted to wild child Kaitlyn -- says he's looking for a "good girl." His celebrity crush: Blake Lively.
4. Ben's parents have been together for 34 years. I'm guessing this is why he is so eager to get married himself.
5. Ben is an avid traveler: he has worked at a zoo in Peru, traveled through Bolivia, hiked in Machu Picchu and according to the tweet above, went to Honduras to help an org called Humanity and Hope United Foundation.
6. Ben lives in Denver but is originally from Indiana. Another corn-fed Midwestern boy. This time - thankfully - we don't have to deal with the whole "life on the farm" angle. Denver is a perfectly realistic place to live.
7. Ben is 6'4". 'Nuff said.
8. Ben loves a good sweater. And plaid. He loves plaid. I'm pretty sure he was a J.Crew model in a former life.
9. People keep saying Ben is the new Sean Lowe, who is supposedly known as "the good guy" (read: boring) and came out of it as one of the most beloved Bachelors in history. OK I get Sean is good and kind and talks about his faith and all that, but I don't see the comparison. Ben is a nice guy. Period.
10. Rumors (no spoilers I swear): so we've been hearing for awhile that Ben may have briefly dated Tenley Molzahn after she went on Bachelor in Paradise...and there was speculation she may show up on The Bachelor. According to HollywoodTake.com, this isn't the case...and now it's Becca Tilley and Amber James from Chris Soules' season who might be interested in joining the fray. (Click here to read more.) That's as far as I go with Bachelor gossip, don't worry.
And here we go again kiddos! Get ready for another season of The Bachelor starting in January!
[Sources: People.com; abc.go.com; bustle.com; hollywoodtake.com]