Hey, I’m Jen. Welcome to my weird little world!
This blog is a little bit of everything, at least for now. I'm going to tell you what to eat, read, wear, watch and listen to and hopefully make you laugh a little along the way.
Here are 13 other charming facts about me in list form - because I love a list:
- I care about the environment. I hate guns. I want people to help people. I care about equal rights. Your basic card carrying liberal.
- I am a cable TV connoisseur. I’m a professional at managing my DVR so I can watch any new show that hits the schedule, while also balancing my studies in social anthropology (The Bachelor, Real Housewives).
- My favorite drinks are red wine, dirty vodka martinis, more wine, sangria and coffee. All at once.
- I hate shopping but I can spend an entire afternoon in TJ Maxx or Marshall's looking for bargains. I find it relaxing to shake the place down from top to bottom.
- I’m a night owl, i.e. definitely NOT a morning person. On a similar note, I am always tardy for my day job.
- I love music and going to concerts, but it is getting surreal to go to shows as I get older. There’s the inevitable mingling with children who are half your age and half your size.
- You'll see a lot about food on this blog. I love to cook and entertain as well as try new restaurants and eat great food. I have the fat pants to prove it.
- I am a crazy dog lady. I only have one so far though; her name is named Jessie Belle. JB loves bacon, riding in the car and cuddling. She hates carrots, cats and the UPS man.
- I have a photographic memory. I am also into photography. Coincidence?
- If I was stranded on a desert island and could only bring five things I would bring: JB, pizza, my iPhone, my subscription to Entertainment Weekly (we can get mail there right?) and a sweater, because I'm always cold.
- Things I'm exceptional at: flip cup, opening wine, parallel parking, coloring, procrastinating, crossword puzzles. Things I suck at: budgeting, housekeeping, paying attention to one thing at a time, throwing a frisbee.
- I am originally from Maine, lived in Boston for 15 years and now find myself in Georgia. What!? Yes, that’s a big change. We’ll get into that later.
- Oh yeah and I’m single. I like being single. Perhaps that’s a problem. We’ll get into that later as well.
Thanks for stopping by!